Will has been an active community member and volunteer for more than 20 years. Will has enjoyed serving in various capacities in community service along with many other dedicated community volunteers. Will's experience includes serving on the Board of Commissioners for Butler County, Kansas for two terms. Will has been a small business and investment property owner for the past 25 years and Will served eight years as a Kansas Department of Wildlife & Parks Commissioner.
Will and his wife, Ann, have been married 29 years. The couple has three children: Clair, Abby and Asa - Sergeant in the U.S. Marines, currently stationed in Seoul, South Korea. In addition to their children, the Carpenters enjoy three grandchildren - Jack, Hayden & Afton Ann works as an Administrator for the Juvenile Justice Administration and the couple owns Wilbur's Market in Potwin, Kansas and El Dorado Lakeside Storage. The Carpenter's also own a car wash in Towanda and have previously owned other small, hometown markets in cities throughout south central Kansas.
Experience, dedication and commitment are just a few of the traits that Kansans can count on with Will Carpenter working for them. While Will served in the house he was a member of the Commerce, Labor and Economic Development Committee, Appropriateions Committee, Children and Seniors Committee, Utilities, Transportation and Agriculture Committees. He was also appointed to Chair the Social Services Budget Committee.
Some of Will's other past leadership roles include:
· Butler County Commissioner - two terms
· Chairman of the Butler County Commission - 2004 and 2005
· Circle USD 375 Board of Education Member - four years
· Small business owner and operator - Potwin's Wilbur's Market and the Towanda Car Wash
· El Dorado Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
· Red Devil Chefs - member
· Prairie Port Festival - Committee Member
· Regional Economic Area Partnership (REAP) - Executive Board serving 9 counties in South Central Kansas)
· Chairman of REAP Economic Development Committee
· Kansas Department of Wildlife and Parks Commission - two terms (appointed by Governor)
· Kansas Rural Life Task Force (appointed by Governor)
· National Rifle Association Life Member
· Kansas Bowhunters Association
· Friends of Education - State of Kansas
· American Red Cross - Bluestem Chapter
· Friends of Scouting with Boy Scouts of America
· Optimist Club
· Towanda Lions Club
· Knights of Columbus
· Hunter Safety Instructor
· National Wild Turkey Federation - Local Chapter president
· Ducks Unlimited/Quail Unlimited
· St. James Catholic Church Member, Augusta, Kansas
· Supporter of 4H
· Supporter of Big Brothers / Big Sisters
· Supporter of Tri-County CASA
· Supporter of United Way
· SCARF Children's Home & Child Advocacy Center
Economic Development: As a small business owner and operator, Will understands the need to promote and expand business to create jobs and grow the economy.
Energy Independence: Kansas needs a comprehensive energy plan. As your Representative, Will is dedicated to researching all options in regards to energy: coal, nuclear, solar and wind.
Conservation: As a lifelong hunter and statewide leader in conservation efforts, Will understands the need to protect our natural resources while supporting efforts to meet our nation's energy demands.
I am deeply honored by the following endorsements:
State Farm Bureau Endorsement -- I know how important the agriculture community is to our county and state -- in fact, the entire world. I grew up in rural Kansas on my grandparents' farm and I thank God every day for those experiences.
Kansans for Life PAC Endorsement -- Pro-life values are more than a campaign slogan. For me, it's a way of life, a core belief.
Family Policy Alliance of Kansas Endorsement -- Families are the cornerstone of our society. Strong families are the best way to pass on strong values, respecting all life and earned freedoms.
National Federation of Independent Business (NFIB) -- Small business and free enterprise are essential to our economy.
National Rifle Association Endorsement -- Our right to keep and bear arms is fundamental to our freedom.
November 7, 2018 will be the General Election. We encourage everyone to get out and vote! For more information on voting in Butler County, visit http://www.bucoks.com/electionoffice/election.htm.
Copyright © 2023 Will Carpenter - All Rights Reserved.